Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goals for 2013

Saw this done on another photographer's blog and I thought it was a neat idea (plus I set personal  and other goals for myself each year, why not for my business as well?!?!)

1. Photograph one wedding
         I had so much fun being able to photograph my Mom's wedding and I would simply love the opportunity to help a couple capture their memories for their own special day.

2. Read (actually FINISH too!) at least 5 business books to help improve my skills

      I read for pleasure ALL the time (I even started a book club), and I read for new ideas and research to better myself as a teacher, so I want to make sure that some of the books that I am picking up this year will help me better myself as a photographer and business person. I am proud to say that I joined Photography Awesomesauce Book Club on Facebook to help me accomplish this goal. I am waiting for Love is a Killer App: How to win Business and Influence Friends AND Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers to arrive from Amazon, plus I need to finally finish reading Canon EOS Rebel T2i/550D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (hmmmm maybe I should up my goal if I already listed three.....hehe)


3. Reach 100 likes on Facebook
        Facebook is such a wonderful tool to advertise with when you are trying to the "word out" that you would like to do something more with whatever your passion may be. In the short period time span of 6 months, I have acquired 86 likes!!!

4. Book and shoot 25 sessions (any kind)
        This is 10 more shoots than I did last year, I am sure some of you will definitely be able to help me out with this goal ;-) pretty please! 


5. Begin building a new area of my portfolio by offering a new session option: Classic Boudoir
         I am actually going to begin this goal very very soon (keep your eyes peeled on my facebook page) for the perfect way to keep busy during these cold winter months when shooting outside photos isn't as big an option as usual. I had boudoir pictures taken myself by AKegerreis Photography (my sister-in-law) a few years ago to help build her portfolio and totally feel in love by how classy and romantic these images were to share with my husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment